Monday, August 25, 2008

Don't Let Our Youth Go (to Waste)

I am rereading Dean Wareham's non fiction Black Postcards & thinking about Jonathan Lethem's novel, You Don't Love Me Yet.

Not ready to write a book review or an essay about the overlap between them... Maybe notes for a review, or just a late summer blog posting that both books have me digging back into Galaxie 500's catalog.

"My problem is that I don't know where the sentences come from anymore."

"The band's got something, and some of the something they've got is the allure of an enclave at odds within itself and yet impenetrable to others, its members exchanging small gestures of disaffection within their troupe that makes others crave to be included in the fond dissention"


Lethem

"Some of my best friends are crazy. But that's okay, because I don't have to ride in a van with them for five weeks."


Wareham