Sunday, April 05, 2009

Awards... Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering, Pinky?

"I don't wanna be a poet
'Cuz I don't wanna blow it
I don't care 2 win awards "

D.M.S.R. Prince
I usually quote Prince, I don't care to win awards... but let's be real here. My nomination from the James Beard House for Best Restaurant Graphics is cool.

My Mom has something nice to tell her friends for a change & this is a good thing.

A friend had a good point: an award from your client base is more meaningful in design than one from your design peers in that one is being acknowledged for the utility and relevance of the design. Rationalizations abound.

It's clear to me that Terroir is a unique project, and that Paul Grieco, David Flaherty and Jared Friedman are each respectively responsible for being part of the band--using Stephen Levy's comparison of the iPod team to a rock band in The Perfect Thing as a jumping off point. You can't be a shredding guitarist or turntablist without an ensemble.

No matter what, we will pimp the tshirts at the event. Stickers! Too!



Jared modelling the pink number.

Matt Stinton, male model


Sample misprints are cool